Rukario Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you can chat, trade, battle, and tons more!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this a good UU team?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GolduckFTW

GolduckFTW

Is this a good UU team? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a good UU team?   Is this a good UU team? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 pm

--------------------------------
Arcanine, The Lead

Arcanine: @Lum Berry
Adamant
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Intimidate
~ Flare Blitz
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Toxic
~ Overheat

Description:
The legendary dog, which has never really being officially called a "Legendary Pokemon" works wonders with the newly developed "LeadCanine Set". It retains Extremespeed, so it can act as a not-as-strong revenge killer, as well as doing some damage to other leads like Roserade. Yeah.. not much more to say here..

Went with Overheat > HP Grass cause HP Grass is only really good for delivering a surprise KO on some member of a rain dance team, which are covered very well with Lanturn and Technitop. Plus Overheat is useful against Steelix, who gives some trouble to the team..

Miltank, The Wall

Miltank: @Leftovers
Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Scrappy
~ Heal Bell
~ Milk Drink
~ Stealth Rock
~ Body Slam

Description:
We see her everyday at the farm. We drink her milk with our cereal every morning. We imitated her sounds when we were young. But we never really think about her. Miltank is probably the sturdiest Pokemon in UU and it is the most trustworthy lead I've ever used. Its great defenses give her advantage over other leads, and Milk Drink makes her a pain in the *** if you don't know how to take her down. If luckily, you have a Fighting-type move, I'll switch to Mismagius to take the incoming attack and depending on the situation, either Set Up or attack. She is the most reliable lead in terms of setting up Stealth Rock, and that's why I think she is an important implement for this team.

Hitmontop, The Used-to-be-Spinner

Hitmontop: @Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Technician
~ Fake Out
~ Mach Punch
~ Close Combat
~ Pursuit

Description:
This is the TechniTop Set (lol I love the name xD). This guy used to be a spinner, but not anymore, since my team needed a little bit more offense, and this guy was perfect for it. Plus, the only Pokemon on my team weak to SR was Arcanine so.. Anyways, this set is an all-out-offensive set with pure attack and a priority move, making this guy capable of being a good-enough revenge killer as well. I went with Pursuit in case any Ghost is gonna try and to come and wall me.. It also works great against Psychics (if I am faster, of course..), and is a nice move to stop Mismagius from setting up on me.

Lanturn, The Status Absorber

Lanturn: @Leftovers
Calm
EVs: 40 HP / 80 Def / 136 SpA / 252 SpD
Volt Absorb
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Toxic

Description:
Who doesn't loves Dolphins? (It actually is an Anglerfish, but wtv..) And what's better than dolphins? A Dolphin-like Pokemon with a light on its forehead that can absorb electric attacks! Lanturn is the perfect switch-in for any incoming Electric attack or any water Pokemon, which in return, can technically do nothing against me. I've used this set millions of times and it has always worked wonders.

Would Milotic work better?

Sceptile, The Swords Dancer

Sceptile: @Life Orb
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Overgrow
~ Swords Dance
~ Leaf Blade
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake

Description:
This is the Set I chose to use instead of the Endeavor Set I used to have (which I never really liked..). I think this one performs much better, and it makes Sceptile a decent sweeper. Sure, its Special Attack is higher, but after a Swords Dance, its attack gets a considerable increase, making it an enemy to be wary of. With the proper set up, this guy alone could 6-0 even the best of the teams. Go against someone who's weak against it, force a switch while setting up, and continue to sweep.
So I have changed Dragon Claw with Rock Slide cause the only actual thing that can be hit for Supper-effective damage is Altaria, which is also hit by Rock Slide.

Mismagius, The Special Sweeper

Mismagius: @Leftovers
Timid
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute
~ Shadow Ball
~ HP Fighting

Description:
My replacement for Grumpig, Mismagius can do everything that Grumpig did, but better. Yes, it is a Sub + CM set as well, and has STAB Shadow Ball for coverage and well it is STAB.. plus, it is the only thing that can save me from ghosts and physics.. HP Ground is there for better coverage..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GolduckFTW
Dragoncm2

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good UU team?   Is this a good UU team? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:37 pm

GolduckFTW wrote:
Arcanine, The Lead

Arcanine: @Lum Berry
Adamant
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Intimidate
~ Flare Blitz
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Toxic
~ Overheat

Description:
The legendary dog, which has never really being officially called a "Legendary Pokemon" works wonders with the newly developed "LeadCanine Set". It retains Extremespeed, so it can act as a not-as-strong revenge killer, as well as doing some damage to other leads like Roserade. Yeah.. not much more to say here..

Went with Overheat > HP Grass cause HP Grass is only really good for delivering a surprise KO on some member of a rain dance team, which are covered very well with Lanturn and Technitop. Plus Overheat is useful against Steelix, who gives some trouble to the team..

Miltank, The Wall

Miltank: @Leftovers
Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Scrappy
~ Heal Bell
~ Milk Drink
~ Stealth Rock
~ Body Slam

Description:
We see her everyday at the farm. We drink her milk with our cereal every morning. We imitated her sounds when we were young. But we never really think about her. Miltank is probably the sturdiest Pokemon in UU and it is the most trustworthy lead I've ever used. Its great defenses give her advantage over other leads, and Milk Drink makes her a pain in the *** if you don't know how to take her down. If luckily, you have a Fighting-type move, I'll switch to Mismagius to take the incoming attack and depending on the situation, either Set Up or attack. She is the most reliable lead in terms of setting up Stealth Rock, and that's why I think she is an important implement for this team.

Hitmontop, The Used-to-be-Spinner

Hitmontop: @Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Technician
~ Fake Out
~ Mach Punch
~ Close Combat
~ Pursuit

Description:
This is the TechniTop Set (lol I love the name xD). This guy used to be a spinner, but not anymore, since my team needed a little bit more offense, and this guy was perfect for it. Plus, the only Pokemon on my team weak to SR was Arcanine so.. Anyways, this set is an all-out-offensive set with pure attack and a priority move, making this guy capable of being a good-enough revenge killer as well. I went with Pursuit in case any Ghost is gonna try and to come and wall me.. It also works great against Psychics (if I am faster, of course..), and is a nice move to stop Mismagius from setting up on me.

Lanturn, The Status Absorber

Lanturn: @Leftovers
Calm
EVs: 40 HP / 80 Def / 136 SpA / 252 SpD
Volt Absorb
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Toxic

Description:
Who doesn't loves Dolphins? (It actually is an Anglerfish, but wtv..) And what's better than dolphins? A Dolphin-like Pokemon with a light on its forehead that can absorb electric attacks! Lanturn is the perfect switch-in for any incoming Electric attack or any water Pokemon, which in return, can technically do nothing against me. I've used this set millions of times and it has always worked wonders.

Would Milotic work better?

Sceptile, The Swords Dancer

Sceptile: @Life Orb
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Overgrow
~ Swords Dance
~ Leaf Blade
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake

Description:
This is the Set I chose to use instead of the Endeavor Set I used to have (which I never really liked..). I think this one performs much better, and it makes Sceptile a decent sweeper. Sure, its Special Attack is higher, but after a Swords Dance, its attack gets a considerable increase, making it an enemy to be wary of. With the proper set up, this guy alone could 6-0 even the best of the teams. Go against someone who's weak against it, force a switch while setting up, and continue to sweep.
So I have changed Dragon Claw with Rock Slide cause the only actual thing that can be hit for Supper-effective damage is Altaria, which is also hit by Rock Slide.

Mismagius, The Special Sweeper

Mismagius: @Leftovers
Timid
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Levitate
~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute
~ Shadow Ball
~ HP Fighting

Description:
My replacement for Grumpig, Mismagius can do everything that Grumpig did, but better. Yes, it is a Sub + CM set as well, and has STAB Shadow Ball for coverage and well it is STAB.. plus, it is the only thing that can save me from ghosts and physics.. HP Ground is there for better coverage..
I rate 9/10 really good team Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GolduckFTW

GolduckFTW

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good UU team?   Is this a good UU team? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 2:29 pm

Thank you, and anybody if you have any suggestions please tell me.
Back to top Go down
cuemand
cuemand

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good UU team?   Is this a good UU team? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 pm

nice 9/10 Smile
Back to top Go down
GolduckFTW

GolduckFTW

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good UU team?   Is this a good UU team? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good UU team?   Is this a good UU team? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a good UU team?
Page 1 of 1